Thank you so much for your interest in becoming an EMEAC volunteer. If you haven't already, please take a look at each of our programs to get a better idea of where you may want to help us carry out our mission of advancing environmental justice causes in Southeast Michigan.
Several volunteer opportunities are available. Once you've decided on which EMEAC program(s) would be a good fit for you, please take time to fill out the volunteer information form below. The information will be forwarded to our volunteer coordinator Kim Sherobi and she will follow up with you as soon as possible. If you have any questions, contact Kim at (313) 556-1702 x708 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, thank you for you interest in helping furthering the cause of environmental justice in the community. To view a list of In-Kind donations we're currently seeking, please visit our Wishlist.
Become a Member
By becoming an EMEAC member, you will help to protect the environment. Your membership dollars make it possible for us to continue our work for clean and healthy air, water, and land. Your support also helps strengthen our voice in Lansing. We invite you to become actively involved.
Membership contributions to EMEAC are tax deductible. Make checks payable to EMEAC and mail to:
4605 Cass Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
Start your membership with an online donation via Network for Good
Regular membership dues start at $20.
Students and seniors memberships are $10.
Other amounts are greatly appreciated:
- $5,000 + - Lifetime member
- $1,000 - $4,999 - Founding member
- $500 + a year - Benefactor
- $100 - $499 - Friends
- $50 - $99 - Sustainers
- $10 - $50 - Donor
All EMEAC members:
- Receive EMEAC's newsletter, Focus Earth, and other EMEAC publications.
- Receive Action Alerts on critical environmental issues.
- Are invited to EMEAC's board meetings and annual public events.
East Michigan Environmental Action Council
4605 Cass Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
EMEAC Office:313 556-1702
EMEAC Fax:313 556-1702
313 556-1702 x700
313 556-1702 x707
313 556-1702 x704
Youth Program Director
313 556-1702 x717
313 556-1702 x713
313 556-1702 x705
313 556-1702 x711
Youth Leadership Coordinator
313 556-1702 x706
313 556-1702 x708
Sign up for our E-Newsletter by adding your Email the form below:
Staff & Board
Dee joined EMEAC in 2012 as Finance Director. With over 30 years experience in finance and accounting, she has worked for various non-profits in the Detroit Metropolitan area. Dee has also volunteered for numerous churches and non-profits to help with bookkeeping challenges. email: Dee
William Copeland, Stand Up Speak Out Youth Program Coordinator
Sonya Green, Multicultural Environmental Science and Arts Lab Coordinator
- Hugh McDiarmid Jr. - President. Environmental Journalist
- Victor Arbulu - Treasurer
- London Bell - Affirmations, Health and Human Services Coordinator
- Talitha Johnson - Freelance Writer and PR Specialist
- Adela Nieves - Vice President, Just Natural Healers and Rise Like Lions Productions
- Dr. Mike Spencer - University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Associate Dean
Board of Directors
- Hugh McDiarmid Jr., President. Environmental Journalistd
- Victor Arbulu, Treasurer
- Alfred Defreece - Learning Through Internship Coordinator and University of Michigan PhD Candidate
- Lisa Oliver-King - Executive Director, Our Kitchen Table
- Dr. Mike Spencer - University of Michigan, School of Social Work Associate Dean Board of Advisors
- Adele Nieves -
- Talitha Johnson -
- STAND UP SPEAK OUT (SUSO)
- GREENER SCHOOLS
- MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENTAL ARTS & SCIENCES (MEAS) LABS
- THE UGLIEST SCHOOLYARD COMPETITION
- THE GARDENING ANGELS
- DIGITAL MEDIA ECONOMY COLLABORATIVE
For more programs information, visit EMEAC Programs.
For Staff & Board information, visit EMEAC Staff & Board.